Friday, March 25, 2005

First thoughts

And greetings everyone... I guess that's a bit optimistic. How about "and greetings ANYONE"?

Everyone seems to be blogging, and I for one am definitely in favor. It's a chance for people who can write (and hopefully spel gud two) to express their thoughts.

And for those people caught up in an oppressive structure, a chance to tell it like it is.

Too bad a lot of those oppressive structures are churches. So let me confide... come up close and I'll whisper my affiliation.

Church of God.

Probably means nothing to most folk, but to those who know what I'm talking about, let me confirm that I mean the churches that trace themselves back to Herbert W. Armstrong.

Herbert is long dead, but his work goeth ever onward in a variety of remarkable sects. And that's what this blog is all about... the sects and ministries that still tout for tithes in the Christian marketplace. Insiders call them the COGs - Churches of God.

Next time I'll introduce you to the secret language of COGdom: the "alphabet soup" that these true believers swim in.

Till then...

No comments: